Advertisement

11 creepy things kids have said to their parents that will make you shudder

devil child

  • A Reddit user who goes by the name MeanMaybe asked parents to share the creepiest things their children have ever said.
  • MeanMaybe's thread was sparked after their daughter said she would eat her own hand if she got lost in the woods. 
  • Many parents replied with stories about kids saying they saw people who weren't there, and who talked knowingly about death. 

 

Kids say the darnedest things — and also the creepiest. 

Reddit user MeanMaybe recently created a thread prompting users to post the most chilling things they've heard kids express. MeanMaybe wrote that when their family was discussing hiking, their 8-year-old daughter said if she got lost she would cut off her hand and eat it. "Seriously kids are WEIRD!" they wrote. "I'm still spooked." 

MeanMaybe told INSIDER, they started the thread hoping they wouldn't feel so "alone and creeped out" by their daughter.

"Kids say the weirdest things, things that we as adults, most of us anyways, would feel ashamed to even think about, never mind say it out loud," MeanMaybe told INSIDER. "And usually when the happens your mind goes racing thinking 'where is this coming from?' But I’ve learned that being a parent is just, well, hard, a there is never a dull moment when you have kids."

A host of parents replied, sharing their own stories. 

INSIDER was unable to independently authenticate all of these stories, but they are still enjoyable.

 

SEE ALSO: A guy asked Reddit how to tell his girlfriend that he's a virgin — and we could all learn from the responses

FOLLOW US: INSIDER is on Facebook

1. "That's the lady that tickles my feet!"

"This was my cousin a while ago....He was maybe 6? He had been telling his mom that a lady comes in his room and tickles his feet at night. Everyone was like, okaaaaay? Then one day they were going through old family photos and he came across a photo of his grandmother who had passed away when he was a baby. He pointed to the photo and told his mom, 'THAT'S the lady that tickles my feet!' Still spooks me to think about it." -mrs_barney



2. "Bye bye babies."

"We were walking in the local cemetery (it was originally designed as a park) and my lo [little one] pointed out where the children's section was by saying 'Bye bye babies'. I had not told him those were the children's graves....." -FitAnteater



3. "My four-year-old daughter insisted one night that she has another set of parents."

"My four year old daughter insisted one night that she has another set of parents. I told her a couple times that we are her only mommy and daddy and she was getting really frustrated with me. I asked her what made her think she had another mommy and daddy. She told me they went to the store one day without her and she felt alone and looked for them. She said it was dark and got cold. Then she hugged me and said 'And now I live with you!' Among other creepy things, but that's by far the most WTF one." -aNervousSystem



See the rest of the story at INSIDER

Post a Comment

0 Comments